The estimated impact on insurers from the discount rate change has so far reached over £160m.
The general insurers that have reported their interim results for the first half of 2019 before today (19 August) have reported hits of varying sizes.
The government revealed in July that the discount rate would be increased from -0.75% to -0.25% from 5 August.
QBE has posted a $62m (£51.1m) hit from the change in the Ogden rate, while Admiral revealed a £33.3m impact in the first half of the year,
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal