Admiral has reported a 6% rise in group turnover and a 4% pre-tax profit increase for the six months to 30 June 2019.
Group turnover was £1.76bn (H1 2018: £1.66bn) and the business reported a pre-tax profit of £220.2m (H1 2018: £211.7m).
However, the combined operating ratio (COR) deteriorated to 92.3% in the first half of 2019, compared to 87.4% in the same period a year earlier.
In its UK insurance division, pre-tax profit reached £254.7m (H1 2018: £247.0m), which the provider stated
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m