A wave of redundancy announcements from the big insurers has hit the UK market lately, with Allianz, LV, Aviva, Ageas and Axa all getting ready to reduce headcounts.
Two clear trends have emerged, with job cuts being made in claims departments and as a result of regional branch closures. This has led to the question of how this seemingly never-ending stream of restructures will impact the broking sector.
“It’s hugely frustrating,” said JM Glendinning managing director, Nick Houghton. “Now all
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?