The Financial Services Consumer Panel (FSCP) has asked the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to consider introducing an automatic-upgrade rule to tackle dual pricing.
The organisation stated that the plan would either require a firm to automatically upgrade its customers into its best available product or offer them a choice of better quality.
But the Association of British Insurers (ABI) has criticised the proposal, stating that it carries the risk that customers will be moved onto policies
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues