Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance (TMKI) is to stop accepting business as of 1 July 2019.
The move, which Tokio Marine said would improve efficiency, places some jobs at risk of redundancy but it is understood that only a small number of roles will be affected.
The provider detailed that portfolios of UK property, liability, marine, and engineering risks currently underwritten through TMKI, will be placed into run-off.
Charles Franks, CEO of Tokio Marine Kiln, said: “This
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues