Brokers have largely welcomed the news that Allianz UK is buying Legal & General’s (L&G) general insurance division.
It was announced last week that Allianz had bought L&G GI for £242m, after L&G had put the business up for sale with a £300m price tag last December. Prior to the deal, Allianz had been believed to be a frontrunner in the race to buy the business.
In addition, Allianz also bought the remaining stake of LV for £365m.
Brokers were not surprised by the transaction, with managing
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs