Brokers have largely welcomed the news that Allianz UK is buying Legal & General’s (L&G) general insurance division.
It was announced last week that Allianz had bought L&G GI for £242m, after L&G had put the business up for sale with a £300m price tag last December. Prior to the deal, Allianz had been believed to be a frontrunner in the race to buy the business.
In addition, Allianz also bought the remaining stake of LV for £365m.
Brokers were not surprised by the transaction, with managing
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years