Admiral has reported rises in profit and turnover for the full year 2018, according to its financial results.
On group level pre-tax profit shot up by 18% to £479.3m (2017: £405.3m), while turnover increased by 11% to £3.28bn (2017: £2.96bn).
The provider detailed that the figures were calculated using a discount rate level of 0%, which it noted was its best estimate following the passing of the Civil Liability Bill in December 2018. The rate will be confirmed by early August 2019.
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers