Admiral has reported rises in profit and turnover for the full year 2018, according to its financial results.
On group level pre-tax profit shot up by 18% to £479.3m (2017: £405.3m), while turnover increased by 11% to £3.28bn (2017: £2.96bn).
The provider detailed that the figures were calculated using a discount rate level of 0%, which it noted was its best estimate following the passing of the Civil Liability Bill in December 2018. The rate will be confirmed by early August 2019.
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns