Admiral has reported rises in profit and turnover for the full year 2018, according to its financial results.
On group level pre-tax profit shot up by 18% to £479.3m (2017: £405.3m), while turnover increased by 11% to £3.28bn (2017: £2.96bn).
The provider detailed that the figures were calculated using a discount rate level of 0%, which it noted was its best estimate following the passing of the Civil Liability Bill in December 2018. The rate will be confirmed by early August 2019.
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester