Specialist motor insurer ERS has reported a profit of £11.1m in 2018, coming back from a loss of £12.2m in 2017.
In addition its combined operating ratio improved to 96.1% from 104.9% in the preceding year.
ERS noted that this is its highest profit reported since it was bought by private equity firm Aquiline Capital Partners in 2013 and stated the results were driven by its focus on underwriting specialist risks for profit, not volume.
The provider also posted a reduction in gross written
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey