Specialist motor insurer ERS has reported a profit of £11.1m in 2018, coming back from a loss of £12.2m in 2017.
In addition its combined operating ratio improved to 96.1% from 104.9% in the preceding year.
ERS noted that this is its highest profit reported since it was bought by private equity firm Aquiline Capital Partners in 2013 and stated the results were driven by its focus on underwriting specialist risks for profit, not volume.
The provider also posted a reduction in gross written
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand