Qatar Reinsurance, which is a subsidiary of Qatar Insurance Company, bought Markerstudy for £107.8m, according to its financial results for the full year 2018.
But as part of the deal it also picked up £70.0m in cash assets from Markerstudy, which means the deal actually cost Qatar Re around £37.8m.
The business signed an agreement to buy Markerstudy’s Gibraltar-based insurance companies – Markerstudy Insurance, Zenith Insurance, St Julians Insurance and Ultimate Insurance - in January 2018.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand