Ageas UK’s net profit for 2018 jumped to £76.7m for the full year, from £25.4m in 2017.
In addition its combined operating ratio (COR) improved to 96.8% in 2018 (2017: 103.2%), while its operating profit increased to £82.0m (2017: £20.3m).
However, its total gross written premium (GWP) for the general insurance business, excluding Tesco Underwriting, decreased slightly from £1.36bn in 2017 to £1.23bn in 2018.
Looking at the individual business lines, GWP for the motor division also
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing