Ageas UK’s net profit for 2018 jumped to £76.7m for the full year, from £25.4m in 2017.
In addition its combined operating ratio (COR) improved to 96.8% in 2018 (2017: 103.2%), while its operating profit increased to £82.0m (2017: £20.3m).
However, its total gross written premium (GWP) for the general insurance business, excluding Tesco Underwriting, decreased slightly from £1.36bn in 2017 to £1.23bn in 2018.
Looking at the individual business lines, GWP for the motor division also
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers