The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has outlined how it will use special transitional powers to ensure a stable regulatory environment if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.
The Treasury has put forward draft legislation for transitional provisions if the UK leaves the EU without a withdrawal agreement.
According to the FCA this is intended to minimise the disruption for firms and other regulated entities in this scenario.
The temporary transitional power would give the FCA the ability to
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m