The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has outlined how it will use special transitional powers to ensure a stable regulatory environment if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.
The Treasury has put forward draft legislation for transitional provisions if the UK leaves the EU without a withdrawal agreement.
According to the FCA this is intended to minimise the disruption for firms and other regulated entities in this scenario.
The temporary transitional power would give the FCA the ability to
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's