Markerstudy has completed the long-touted deal for Co-op’s underwriting business and signed a 13 year agreement to distribute motor and home insurance products for a total of £185m.
Co-op’s plan to sell CIS General Insurance was first rumoured in August last year with Markerstudy tipped in November as the most likely buyer.
According to the Co-op it will now focus on providing “a broader range of insurance products” through Co-op Insurance Services.
The firm added that it will develop
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?