Markerstudy has completed the long-touted deal for Co-op’s underwriting business and signed a 13 year agreement to distribute motor and home insurance products for a total of £185m.
Co-op’s plan to sell CIS General Insurance was first rumoured in August last year with Markerstudy tipped in November as the most likely buyer.
According to the Co-op it will now focus on providing “a broader range of insurance products” through Co-op Insurance Services.
The firm added that it will develop
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand