Typical home combined buildings and contents insurance policies increased in price by 0.4% in 2018, the AA has calculated.
The yearly total was far lower than the 5% seen in 2017.
The small climb, to £163.38, came after a 0.9% bump in the final quarter of the year. This, along with a rise in the second quarter, more than wiped out the falls in the first and third quarters of the year.
The Shoparound figures, part of the AA’s British Insurance Premium Index, also showed uplifts in
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal