Typical home combined buildings and contents insurance policies increased in price by 0.4% in 2018, the AA has calculated.
The yearly total was far lower than the 5% seen in 2017.
The small climb, to £163.38, came after a 0.9% bump in the final quarter of the year. This, along with a rise in the second quarter, more than wiped out the falls in the first and third quarters of the year.
The Shoparound figures, part of the AA’s British Insurance Premium Index, also showed uplifts in
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing