Typical home combined buildings and contents insurance policies increased in price by 0.4% in 2018, the AA has calculated.
The yearly total was far lower than the 5% seen in 2017.
The small climb, to £163.38, came after a 0.9% bump in the final quarter of the year. This, along with a rise in the second quarter, more than wiped out the falls in the first and third quarters of the year.
The Shoparound figures, part of the AA’s British Insurance Premium Index, also showed uplifts in
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings