Typical home combined buildings and contents insurance policies increased in price by 0.4% in 2018, the AA has calculated.
The yearly total was far lower than the 5% seen in 2017.
The small climb, to £163.38, came after a 0.9% bump in the final quarter of the year. This, along with a rise in the second quarter, more than wiped out the falls in the first and third quarters of the year.
The Shoparound figures, part of the AA’s British Insurance Premium Index, also showed uplifts in
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK