Allianz added five years to global CEO Oliver Bäte’s contract as chairman of the board of management.
He took up the post on 7 May 2015.
The original contract was set to end in September 2019 but has now been extended until September 2024.
Bäte has been with Allianz since 2008 initially as chief operating officer. Prior to this he worked at consultancy firm McKinsey in New York and Germany.
During his time as leader the insurer has bought LV’s general insurance business in the UK and been
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- Brexit and customer fairness dominate FCA 2019/20 plans
- FCA proposes £537.7m fee budget for 2019/20
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth