Allianz added five years to global CEO Oliver Bäte’s contract as chairman of the board of management.
He took up the post on 7 May 2015.
The original contract was set to end in September 2019 but has now been extended until September 2024.
Bäte has been with Allianz since 2008 initially as chief operating officer. Prior to this he worked at consultancy firm McKinsey in New York and Germany.
During his time as leader the insurer has bought LV’s general insurance business in the UK and been
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed