Allianz added five years to global CEO Oliver Bäte’s contract as chairman of the board of management.
He took up the post on 7 May 2015.
The original contract was set to end in September 2019 but has now been extended until September 2024.
Bäte has been with Allianz since 2008 initially as chief operating officer. Prior to this he worked at consultancy firm McKinsey in New York and Germany.
During his time as leader the insurer has bought LV’s general insurance business in the UK and been
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK