The latest AA Shoparound Index has revealed that a typical home combined buildings and contents policy quote slipped by 1.2% in the third quarter of 2018 to £161.87.
The slight drop reversed the rises of the second quarter and meant that the year-on-year price has increased by only 1.3%.
The AA noted that the small reduction in the three month period came despite concerns that the long hot summer would lead to a rise in subsidence claims.
The Shoparound research is formed by using
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Acturis set to seek new minority PE investor
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected