The latest AA Shoparound Index has revealed that a typical home combined buildings and contents policy quote slipped by 1.2% in the third quarter of 2018 to £161.87.
The slight drop reversed the rises of the second quarter and meant that the year-on-year price has increased by only 1.3%.
The AA noted that the small reduction in the three month period came despite concerns that the long hot summer would lead to a rise in subsidence claims.
The Shoparound research is formed by using
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m