The latest AA Shoparound Index has revealed that a typical home combined buildings and contents policy quote slipped by 1.2% in the third quarter of 2018 to £161.87.
The slight drop reversed the rises of the second quarter and meant that the year-on-year price has increased by only 1.3%.
The AA noted that the small reduction in the three month period came despite concerns that the long hot summer would lead to a rise in subsidence claims.
The Shoparound research is formed by using
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA