The latest AA Shoparound Index has revealed that a typical home combined buildings and contents policy quote slipped by 1.2% in the third quarter of 2018 to £161.87.
The slight drop reversed the rises of the second quarter and meant that the year-on-year price has increased by only 1.3%.
The AA noted that the small reduction in the three month period came despite concerns that the long hot summer would lead to a rise in subsidence claims.
The Shoparound research is formed by using
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester