Former Ageas UK CEO Barry Smith has joined LV as senior independent director.
Subject to regulatory approval he will join the LV board on 1 November and will be a member of the audit, risk and nomination and remuneration committees.
Smith was CEO of Ageas UK until January 2013 when he was promoted to group chief operating officer in a move that saw Andy Watson step up in the UK.
He retired from the group COO role at Ageas in October 2015 but stayed with the provider in a range of
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018