Brokers have questioned the future for RSA after the insurer posted a £70m underwriting loss for Q3 2018 and said it would take action on pricing and portfolio reshaping.
One broker who declined be named described the provider as a “ship that hasn’t got its sails up and is not quite sure where to go”.
In a conference call with analysts on 28 September, RSA group chief executive officer Stephen Hester stated that the provider’s UK and London market business is a “substantial headache” and noted
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK