Admiral has reported a 14% rise in turnover on group level for the first half of 2018.
Group turnover was £1.66bn for the six month period (H1 2017: £1.45bn), and pre-tax profit also rose to £211.7m (H1 2017: £194.5m).
In addition, the group combined operating ratio (COR) improved to 87.4% (H1 2017: 90.0%).
Admiral’s price comparison segment reported a profit of £3.5m, up from the £3.1m it posted last year.
In the UK, its aggregator Confused posted a pre-tax profit of £5.8m, an
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA