“It is not usual to have everything firing at the same time but it is in commercial lines at the moment,” Phil Bayles told Insurance Age as the provider revealed its half year results for 2018.
The insurer reported that commercial business grew by 3% to £864m in the period with the non-motor business part of this achieving a 5% uplift.
The commercial combined operating ratio also improved to 93%.
“Most of the brokers will be enjoying good growth with us,” the managing director of UK
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings