Hiscox UK & Europe has reported gross written premiums (GWP) of $610m [£464.8m] for the first half of 2018, a 19% rise on the $510.5m achieved at the start of 2017.
The division delivered $65.5m of pre-tax profit in keeping with the same period the year before however the insurer flagged that without the effect of currency movements it achieved a 15% increase to $68.9m.
Likewise the combined operating ratio worsened to 87.5% when including the impact of foreign exchange or improved to 86.8%
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing