Hiscox UK & Europe has reported gross written premiums (GWP) of $610m [£464.8m] for the first half of 2018, a 19% rise on the $510.5m achieved at the start of 2017.
The division delivered $65.5m of pre-tax profit in keeping with the same period the year before however the insurer flagged that without the effect of currency movements it achieved a 15% increase to $68.9m.
Likewise the combined operating ratio worsened to 87.5% when including the impact of foreign exchange or improved to 86.8%
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings