Hiscox UK & Europe has reported gross written premiums (GWP) of $610m [£464.8m] for the first half of 2018, a 19% rise on the $510.5m achieved at the start of 2017.
The division delivered $65.5m of pre-tax profit in keeping with the same period the year before however the insurer flagged that without the effect of currency movements it achieved a 15% increase to $68.9m.
Likewise the combined operating ratio worsened to 87.5% when including the impact of foreign exchange or improved to 86.8%
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning