APC Underwriting CEO Brian Russell has revealed that it was always the intention to revive Folgate as an active insurer.
“It has been the plan since we bought Folgate to get authorised as a primary insurer.”
APC, which is an MGA, bought Folgate from Towergate in 2014 in a deal valued at £1.9m. Folgate had been in run-off since 2002.
It was announced today (27 June) that the move to reactivate Folgate as a live insurer was approved by the Prudential Regulation Authority last month.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's