Aviva has revealed a combined operating ratio (COR) in the UK of 93.9% in its financial results for 2017.
This is compared to the 106.3% posted in 2016, when the provider stated it had been impacted by the Ogden rate change, which added 12.4% to the figure.
The insurer’s UK general insurance operating profit grew by 4% to £408m (2016: £392m), which it said was due to “improved underwriting”.
The provider achieved total net written premiums (NWP) in the UK of £4.08bn (2016: £3.93bn) and stated
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report