Aviva has revealed a combined operating ratio (COR) in the UK of 93.9% in its financial results for 2017.
This is compared to the 106.3% posted in 2016, when the provider stated it had been impacted by the Ogden rate change, which added 12.4% to the figure.
The insurer’s UK general insurance operating profit grew by 4% to £408m (2016: £392m), which it said was due to “improved underwriting”.
The provider achieved total net written premiums (NWP) in the UK of £4.08bn (2016: £3.93bn) and stated
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list