Jon Dye has described the 2017 figures for Allianz UK as “a solid set of numbers”.
The insurer posted a combined operating ratio (COR) of 97.8% for the year and an operating profit of £121.3m for the 12 months of which £36.7m came in the final quarter.
The insurer’s chief executive officer explained that the 2016 figures had also been restated due to the impact of Ogden which was defined as a “material event” under accounting rules.
The movement in the discount rate from 2.5% to minus 0.75% h
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009
- GDPR: What do brokers need to know?
- Meet the techies: Tobias Taupitz
- Podcast: The top five stories of the week
- Aston Lark buys Ingram Hawkins and Nock
- Carole Nash and Axa remain committed to Republic of Ireland bike market