Jon Dye has described the 2017 figures for Allianz UK as “a solid set of numbers”.
The insurer posted a combined operating ratio (COR) of 97.8% for the year and an operating profit of £121.3m for the 12 months of which £36.7m came in the final quarter.
The insurer’s chief executive officer explained that the 2016 figures had also been restated due to the impact of Ogden which was defined as a “material event” under accounting rules.
The movement in the discount rate from 2.5% to minus 0.75% h
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- Simply Business reveals losses for 2017
- CII targeting December 2018 for chartered MGA status
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Allianz takes new CFO from Ageas
- #Insagepeople: 20 - 26 August 2018
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports