Nexus Group has bought Lloyd’s coverholder Apsley Specialty for an undisclosed sum.
The managing general agent (MGA) stated that Apsley - which is also an MGA - was established in 2012 and specialises in directors and officers and financial institutions (DOFI).
The purchase will build on Nexus’ existing DOFI capability and the firm stated it was looking to grow its combined DOFI offering to £35m of GWP by 2020.
As part of the purchase Apsley chief executive officer James Lawrie will join the
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure