Nexus Group has bought Lloyd’s coverholder Apsley Specialty for an undisclosed sum.
The managing general agent (MGA) stated that Apsley - which is also an MGA - was established in 2012 and specialises in directors and officers and financial institutions (DOFI).
The purchase will build on Nexus’ existing DOFI capability and the firm stated it was looking to grow its combined DOFI offering to £35m of GWP by 2020.
As part of the purchase Apsley chief executive officer James Lawrie will join the
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand