Nexus Group has bought Lloyd’s coverholder Apsley Specialty for an undisclosed sum.
The managing general agent (MGA) stated that Apsley - which is also an MGA - was established in 2012 and specialises in directors and officers and financial institutions (DOFI).
The purchase will build on Nexus’ existing DOFI capability and the firm stated it was looking to grow its combined DOFI offering to £35m of GWP by 2020.
As part of the purchase Apsley chief executive officer James Lawrie will join the
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData