Nexus Group has bought Lloyd’s coverholder Apsley Specialty for an undisclosed sum.
The managing general agent (MGA) stated that Apsley - which is also an MGA - was established in 2012 and specialises in directors and officers and financial institutions (DOFI).
The purchase will build on Nexus’ existing DOFI capability and the firm stated it was looking to grow its combined DOFI offering to £35m of GWP by 2020.
As part of the purchase Apsley chief executive officer James Lawrie will join the
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- MRIB buys Independents
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Biba reveals campaigning themes in 2019 manifesto