What was the biggest story of the year?
The saga of the discount rate, massive impact on insurers reserves, profits and pricing, and like the best thrillers the government seem to be keeping us on the edge of our seats waiting to see when it will change again and to what.
What was the most memorable event?
Lemonade’s 10 second claim, there’s a fair amount of smoke and mirrors in some of their PR, but it happened at the start of year and is still getting talked about. The positive is it raises
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment