What was the biggest story of the year?
The saga of the discount rate, massive impact on insurers reserves, profits and pricing, and like the best thrillers the government seem to be keeping us on the edge of our seats waiting to see when it will change again and to what.
What was the most memorable event?
Lemonade’s 10 second claim, there’s a fair amount of smoke and mirrors in some of their PR, but it happened at the start of year and is still getting talked about. The positive is it raises
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning