What was the biggest story of the year?
The saga of the discount rate, massive impact on insurers reserves, profits and pricing, and like the best thrillers the government seem to be keeping us on the edge of our seats waiting to see when it will change again and to what.
What was the most memorable event?
Lemonade’s 10 second claim, there’s a fair amount of smoke and mirrors in some of their PR, but it happened at the start of year and is still getting talked about. The positive is it raises
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers