About three years ago, a colleague approached me as she said I was “just the right candidate” to set up Zurich UK’s women’s network. I didn’t hesitate for a second. Gender equality is a subject I am passionate about.
My gender has never held back my career but that’s not to say it hasn’t been a factor. The starkest example I recall was as I prepared to deliver an industry keynote speech and a delegate leaned over asking if I was there to take minutes.
While his intention was entirely innocuous
Read the latest issue of Insurance Age here
- Insurance industry welcomes Ogden rate reform
- Pen Underwriting makes 11 redundant at Chelmsford office
- Lloyd’s slumps to £2bn loss for 2017
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Claimant lawyers hit out at government’s discount rate reform
- Discount rate reform unveiled by the government
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009