About three years ago, a colleague approached me as she said I was “just the right candidate” to set up Zurich UK’s women’s network. I didn’t hesitate for a second. Gender equality is a subject I am passionate about.
My gender has never held back my career but that’s not to say it hasn’t been a factor. The starkest example I recall was as I prepared to deliver an industry keynote speech and a delegate leaned over asking if I was there to take minutes.
While his intention was entirely innocuous
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Acturis set to seek new minority PE investor
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected