About three years ago, a colleague approached me as she said I was “just the right candidate” to set up Zurich UK’s women’s network. I didn’t hesitate for a second. Gender equality is a subject I am passionate about.
My gender has never held back my career but that’s not to say it hasn’t been a factor. The starkest example I recall was as I prepared to deliver an industry keynote speech and a delegate leaned over asking if I was there to take minutes.
While his intention was entirely innocuous
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Tasker set to make acquisitions
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform