LV managing director for general insurance Steve Treloar has hailed the provider’s “excellent set of results” for the first half of 2017.
The insurer reported a 123% increase in operating profit for its GI business, along with an improved combined operating ratio (COR) to 93.6%.
Treloar told Insurance Age: “We have a growing business which is great and our revenue was up 4% in the first half versus the same time last year.
“We’re doing that at the same time as coming out of broker home, which
- Marsh accused of trying to squash Marshmallow name by InsurTech start up
- Brokers face another FSCS hike and situation could yet get worse
- Marsh Networks partners with Ataraxia for succession planning
- Volante launches first MGA – Edison Motor
- Moving away from brokers would be a “major dereliction of duty”, says Phil Bayles
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Nexus considering sale, IPO and further options