LV managing director for general insurance Steve Treloar has hailed the provider’s “excellent set of results” for the first half of 2017.
The insurer reported a 123% increase in operating profit for its GI business, along with an improved combined operating ratio (COR) to 93.6%.
Treloar told Insurance Age: “We have a growing business which is great and our revenue was up 4% in the first half versus the same time last year.
“We’re doing that at the same time as coming out of broker home, which
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa