The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has welcomed the government’s proposed changes to how the Ogden rate is set and called for a “speedy timeframe for implementation”.
The measures announced by the Lord Chancellor David Lidington, which will need to be approved by Parliament under new legislation, could see the rate - also known as the discount rate - move up to in the region of 0% to 1%.
Under the proposals the rate will be review
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- InsurTech Futures: Axa launches automatic compensation for late flights product
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Biba launches scheme for transportation risks