The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has welcomed the government’s proposed changes to how the Ogden rate is set and called for a “speedy timeframe for implementation”.
The measures announced by the Lord Chancellor David Lidington, which will need to be approved by Parliament under new legislation, could see the rate - also known as the discount rate - move up to in the region of 0% to 1%.
Under the proposals the rate will be review
- Marsh accused of trying to squash Marshmallow name by InsurTech start up
- Brokers face another FSCS hike and situation could yet get worse
- Marsh Networks partners with Ataraxia for succession planning
- Volante launches first MGA – Edison Motor
- Moving away from brokers would be a “major dereliction of duty”, says Phil Bayles
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Nexus considering sale, IPO and further options