The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has welcomed the government’s proposed changes to how the Ogden rate is set and called for a “speedy timeframe for implementation”.
The measures announced by the Lord Chancellor David Lidington, which will need to be approved by Parliament under new legislation, could see the rate - also known as the discount rate - move up to in the region of 0% to 1%.
Under the proposals the rate will be review
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa