Swinton cutting its branch network from 325 to 195 is down to customer feedback, according to distribution director Richard Beaven.
He told Insurance Age: "We have done a lot of work talking to our customers over the last few months and we are seeing customer habits changing.
"In some branches customer demand has diminished. We're seeing more customers want to use our contact centres when they can't get to branches."
However, Beaven was keen to point out that the networks, albeit reduced by 130
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product