Car insurance premiums leapt an average of £59 in the last quarter of 2015 according to the AA British Insurance Premium Index.
The AA said that during the three months the average premium rose by over 10%, the largest increase since 2010.
The provider said that the Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) of 9.5% had "piled on the misery" for motorists who have seen the typical cost of cover rise 20% over the past 12 months.
Michael Lloyd, director of AA Insurance, pointed out that the imposition of IPT, wh
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product