The recent court cases about internal fraud committed by ex-staff of Willis Towers Watson and the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) shed some stark light on employee theft within the insurance sector.
Investigations at Willis Towers Watson led to former broker Simon Higginson, who worked at the firm, and his partner Lee Willis being jailed in August over a conspiracy to defraud £1.7m by lying about commissions.
In the same month, former Biba accountant Gurmukh Shehri was jailed aft
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin