The recent court cases about internal fraud committed by ex-staff of Willis Towers Watson and the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) shed some stark light on employee theft within the insurance sector.
Investigations at Willis Towers Watson led to former broker Simon Higginson, who worked at the firm, and his partner Lee Willis being jailed in August over a conspiracy to defraud £1.7m by lying about commissions.
In the same month, former Biba accountant Gurmukh Shehri was jailed aft
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five