▶ What was the HNW market like when Hiscox was originally set up?
I started out because I loved art and paintings. There was no distinction for HNW – it was done at a standard Lloyd’s rate. They would get excited about postal codes and ratings. I thought that was ridiculous because it depended on the house. I saw an opportunity and when I started no one wanted to cover a policy over £500,000, but I thought ‘the bigger the better’. I used to say while I was at Lloyd’s ‘bring me your rich’.
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April