Towergate's management will be asking wide-ranging questions and considering many solutions as they battle to overcome the business's liquidity crisis according to a financial commentator.
So what are those still in charge at the broker likely to be doing?
Gary Jesson, managing director of e-Financial Management, said they firstly have to be clear about how the liquidity problem has arisen.
"Is it fundamentally that they've got a bad business or have they grown too fast?" Jesson asked.
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin