Towergate's management will be asking wide-ranging questions and considering many solutions as they battle to overcome the business's liquidity crisis according to a financial commentator.
So what are those still in charge at the broker likely to be doing?
Gary Jesson, managing director of e-Financial Management, said they firstly have to be clear about how the liquidity problem has arisen.
"Is it fundamentally that they've got a bad business or have they grown too fast?" Jesson asked.
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April