Towergate's management will be asking wide-ranging questions and considering many solutions as they battle to overcome the business's liquidity crisis according to a financial commentator.
So what are those still in charge at the broker likely to be doing?
Gary Jesson, managing director of e-Financial Management, said they firstly have to be clear about how the liquidity problem has arisen.
"Is it fundamentally that they've got a bad business or have they grown too fast?" Jesson asked.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m