There was an important line in the recent Towergate bondholder report for the first quarter of 2014. The consolidator reported that in the three months to 31 March, turnover in the insurance brokers division increased by 1.7%, a rise of £0.8m to £47.5m for the period. The figure was broadly in keeping with the 5.5% annual growth achieved in 2013 when the division’s turnover topped £200.2m.
However, the Q1 report noted: “Strong income from acquisitions has offset lower organic retention and new
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData