The news that Macquarie Bank has pulled out of making loans to UK brokers has left the market abuzz, with many questioning the future implications for insurance brokers.
Jeremy Cary, managing director at Stackhouse Poland, admitted to being surprised and disappointed by the announcement.
“We had only made a decision last year to move across as a client of Macquarie, and at the time we carried out our own due diligence and asked them about their role in the market,” he explained, adding: “We were
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services