The news that Macquarie Bank has pulled out of making loans to UK brokers has left the market abuzz, with many questioning the future implications for insurance brokers.
Jeremy Cary, managing director at Stackhouse Poland, admitted to being surprised and disappointed by the announcement.
“We had only made a decision last year to move across as a client of Macquarie, and at the time we carried out our own due diligence and asked them about their role in the market,” he explained, adding: “We were
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin