The news that Macquarie Bank has pulled out of making loans to UK brokers has left the market abuzz, with many questioning the future implications for insurance brokers.
Jeremy Cary, managing director at Stackhouse Poland, admitted to being surprised and disappointed by the announcement.
“We had only made a decision last year to move across as a client of Macquarie, and at the time we carried out our own due diligence and asked them about their role in the market,” he explained, adding: “We were
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData