For more than a decade various industry figures have flagged up the importance of cyber risk insurance.
Phishing scams, opportunistic hackers and network-paralysing viruses are just a few of the widely-accepted perils regularly raised for companies that trade online.
Yet, as businesses across all sectors have rapidly embraced the commercial opportunities offered by the world wide web, the awareness of, and demand for, cyber risk insurance has remained frustratingly low for providers.
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal