▶ When was Lark Group set up?
It was founded in 1948 as a very different beast from the one it is now in that it was primarily a Lloyd’s placing broker. That’s something we do very little of now.
▶ How has the business evolved since it was founded in 1948?
One of the main changes was in the late 1960s when there was a link up with the Sedgwick Group. Lark basically looked after smaller UK retail business for Sedgwick, so that primarily was homeowners, smaller commercial and some motor. That was
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list