▶ How did you get started in the insurance industry?
I started here. I was at college doing my A-Levels and I went to see my careers officer. The day before a gentleman called John Barnett had gone in to see the careers officer with his son. He mentioned to them that if they saw anyone who might be interested in a job in the insurance broking industry, to let him know, so the careers officer suggested broking to me.
▶ How has your career developed during your time with Barnett & Barnett?
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall