How was SmithGreenfield formed?
Smith Ross James, the first form of the company, was set up in 1996. It started as a commercial and high net worth (HNW) broker but it quickly became obvious that the HNW part was going to be the most active.
The way the business plan developed and the contacts we had meant things didn’t develop as we had anticipated. The contacts were antique dealers and valuers so clients started to come through those channels.
In October 1999, Giles Greenfield, whom I used t
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Blog: Brokers – get plugged in to electric vehicles
- Arnott Marine launches marine liability facility for UK brokers
- Saga picks Patrick O’Sullivan as chairman
- PIB launches risk management business
- Lloyd’s and Kanye West settle £7.4m suit - reports