How was SmithGreenfield formed?
Smith Ross James, the first form of the company, was set up in 1996. It started as a commercial and high net worth (HNW) broker but it quickly became obvious that the HNW part was going to be the most active.
The way the business plan developed and the contacts we had meant things didn’t develop as we had anticipated. The contacts were antique dealers and valuers so clients started to come through those channels.
In October 1999, Giles Greenfield, whom I used t
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices