▶ How did you buy Stackhouse Poland?
Poland Insurance Brokers, founded by Michael Poland in 1974, was a small business based in Liphook, Hampshire. Along the journey Michael acquired a company called Thomas P Stackhouse which was a specialist charity broker, hence Stackhouse Poland was formed.
It wasn’t going places and just by stroke of good fortune I happened to pick up the phone to a member of the Poland family to inquire whether there might be an opportunity to buy the business.
We put on th
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall