▶ How did you buy Stackhouse Poland?
Poland Insurance Brokers, founded by Michael Poland in 1974, was a small business based in Liphook, Hampshire. Along the journey Michael acquired a company called Thomas P Stackhouse which was a specialist charity broker, hence Stackhouse Poland was formed.
It wasn’t going places and just by stroke of good fortune I happened to pick up the phone to a member of the Poland family to inquire whether there might be an opportunity to buy the business.
We put on th
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin