Despite effective underwriting being the most important weapon an insurer has against financial losses, many feel that skills in this discipline are diminishing. Brokers in particular are forever lamenting the lack of underwriting decision-makers, but is this fair? Has underwriting become too automated or has technology actually freed up skilled underwriters to concentrate on more complex risks? Is recruitment and training an issue, or, in fact, is underwriting in better shape than ever?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints