If implemented in full, what kind of impact will Jackson’s proposals have on legal expenses insurance (LEI)?
▶ Phil: From an after the event (ATE) perspective, a very significant impact. We have done some calculations and worked out that 25% of the business would technically go at the beginning of 2013. Fortunately for us, we are not over reliant on ATE but there are other providers more dependent on it who may well suffer.
▶ Mathew: Commercial ATE will be far less affected than in personal in
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel