Is the creep of commoditisation impacting on the ability of brokers to give advice in the SME market?
▶ Paul: At the very small end, the micro SMEs, there are a lot of customers that are buying a piece of paper, as opposed to buying insurance, and I think they will always be led by price and ease of purchase. It’s how you manage the middle ground.
There are going to be people that will do their research online, that will begin their journey. Then it’s about moving that person through the right
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click