Is the creep of commoditisation impacting on the ability of brokers to give advice in the SME market?
▶ Paul: At the very small end, the micro SMEs, there are a lot of customers that are buying a piece of paper, as opposed to buying insurance, and I think they will always be led by price and ease of purchase. It’s how you manage the middle ground.
There are going to be people that will do their research online, that will begin their journey. Then it’s about moving that person through the right
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba