Is the creep of commoditisation impacting on the ability of brokers to give advice in the SME market?
▶ Paul: At the very small end, the micro SMEs, there are a lot of customers that are buying a piece of paper, as opposed to buying insurance, and I think they will always be led by price and ease of purchase. It’s how you manage the middle ground.
There are going to be people that will do their research online, that will begin their journey. Then it’s about moving that person through the right
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Lloyd's launches product innovation facility with £53m capacity
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years