What benefits do brokers get from working with an MGA as opposed to an insurer?
▶ Nick: It’s about specialism. We’d like to think we can add something to the broker’s role. I would say the broker understands their client base better than we do so we come at it from more of a pure underwriting perspective. We also believe that it’s about line size and so it facilitates trading with brokers.
▶ Sian: There’s been huge consolidation on the insurer side in recent years, particularly in relation to SM
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m