What benefits do brokers get from working with an MGA as opposed to an insurer?
▶ Nick: It’s about specialism. We’d like to think we can add something to the broker’s role. I would say the broker understands their client base better than we do so we come at it from more of a pure underwriting perspective. We also believe that it’s about line size and so it facilitates trading with brokers.
▶ Sian: There’s been huge consolidation on the insurer side in recent years, particularly in relation to SM
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April