What benefits do brokers get from working with an MGA as opposed to an insurer?
▶ Nick: It’s about specialism. We’d like to think we can add something to the broker’s role. I would say the broker understands their client base better than we do so we come at it from more of a pure underwriting perspective. We also believe that it’s about line size and so it facilitates trading with brokers.
▶ Sian: There’s been huge consolidation on the insurer side in recent years, particularly in relation to SM
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices
- HNW Forum: Experts debate impact of MGAs on the market