Is finding the expertise to operate in the high net worth (HNW) market difficult?
▶ James: It depends what you’re looking for. Brokers are obviously client managers and there are different types of client managers – those with telephone skills, those with relationships skills who are good at getting out to see customers.
One of the key things is getting good people and then giving them training over a period of time to get them to where they need to be. That does take a long-term investment.
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted