What state is the local economy in? Has it fared well?
▶ Peter: I don’t want to be complacent but there are reasons to be cautiously optimistic as we have seen evidence of public and private funding in the North East. Last year, from a public sector perspective, I think that 30% of the regional growth fund awards made by the government went to companies in the North East. We are seeing the benefits of that.
▶ Chris: The manufacturing sector stands to do quite well – I spoke to a client last week
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- HNW Forum: Experts debate impact of MGAs on the market
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices