What state is the local economy in? Has it fared well?
▶ Peter: I don’t want to be complacent but there are reasons to be cautiously optimistic as we have seen evidence of public and private funding in the North East. Last year, from a public sector perspective, I think that 30% of the regional growth fund awards made by the government went to companies in the North East. We are seeing the benefits of that.
▶ Chris: The manufacturing sector stands to do quite well – I spoke to a client last week
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups