What state is the local economy in? Has it fared well?
▶ Peter: I don’t want to be complacent but there are reasons to be cautiously optimistic as we have seen evidence of public and private funding in the North East. Last year, from a public sector perspective, I think that 30% of the regional growth fund awards made by the government went to companies in the North East. We are seeing the benefits of that.
▶ Chris: The manufacturing sector stands to do quite well – I spoke to a client last week
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five