At the recent Una conference, one of our guest speakers was Charlie McMurdie who delivered a fascinating talk about cybercrime.
What became immediately apparent are the scale and invisibility of cybercrime and the criminals involved, and the fact that the crime agencies do not have the resources to tackle the problem.
Whilst the insurance industry can respond to the damage caused by cyber criminals, it is apparent that prevention is better than cure.
Charlie is senior cybercrime advisor at PwC
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners