At the recent Una conference, one of our guest speakers was Charlie McMurdie who delivered a fascinating talk about cybercrime.
What became immediately apparent are the scale and invisibility of cybercrime and the criminals involved, and the fact that the crime agencies do not have the resources to tackle the problem.
Whilst the insurance industry can respond to the damage caused by cyber criminals, it is apparent that prevention is better than cure.
Charlie is senior cybercrime advisor at PwC
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff