I think 2015 could be the first bona fide year where the digital side of insurance has dominated discussions.
We struggled to settle on a name for insurance tech but somehow insurtech seemed to bubble to the top.
This year was monumental in the fact the first concerted effort to supercharge new insurance businesses was taken. The first UK insurance accelerator was born and, mark my words, it won't be the last.
And insurance businesses are also now fronting up some capital for new ideas, something
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Ardonagh posts £14.1m loss for Q1 2018
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Video: GDPR – Marketing: what brokers can and can’t do
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies