The problem with all change is that it pushes us into the unknown and so it is not surprising there is a lot of scepticism around the FCA's drive to reduce the level of commissions taken across the industry.
Commission income is critical to thousands of brokers and no one wants to lose it. Most recently this has been focused on commissions taken from insurance premium finance and it is why insurance brokers have to be regulated as credit brokers by the FCA.
The issue is simple. Commission income
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Manchester critical of Simply Business’ cyber stance
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress