The problem with all change is that it pushes us into the unknown and so it is not surprising there is a lot of scepticism around the FCA's drive to reduce the level of commissions taken across the industry.
Commission income is critical to thousands of brokers and no one wants to lose it. Most recently this has been focused on commissions taken from insurance premium finance and it is why insurance brokers have to be regulated as credit brokers by the FCA.
The issue is simple. Commission income
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April