The problem with all change is that it pushes us into the unknown and so it is not surprising there is a lot of scepticism around the FCA's drive to reduce the level of commissions taken across the industry.
Commission income is critical to thousands of brokers and no one wants to lose it. Most recently this has been focused on commissions taken from insurance premium finance and it is why insurance brokers have to be regulated as credit brokers by the FCA.
The issue is simple. Commission income
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Biba launches scheme for transportation risks
- Broker Expo Leeds: Highlights
- Brightside’s van MGA to be launched next year
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income
- InsurTech Futures: Axa launches automatic compensation for late flights product