There is a legendary mantra in the UK insurance industry that if a nuclear bomb was dropped on the UK two things would survive - cockroaches and brokers.
I don't know who said this first, but it is a mantra that gets trotted out with some regularity, especially around the British Insurance Brokers' Association conference - and with some justification.
Because the death of the insurance broker has been predicted more times than an Oasis reunion.
But to date the prospect of intermediaries holding
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017